<p>What do you get when you combine fajitas, kabobs, burgers, sausages and a vegetable medley on a grill and top it with copious amounts of Sargento® Cheese? A grilling charcuterie of course. One that your family and friends will be talking about for months.</p>
- Chicken Fajitas: 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips; 1 cup bell pepper strips; 1 onion, cut into strips; 2 tsp. fajita seasoning; 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil; 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese; 8 corn tortillas
- Shrimp Kabobs: 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined; 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded & cut into 1" chunks; 1 small red onion, cut into wedges; 20 chunks of pineapple; 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2" slices; 5- 10 inch metal or wooden skewers
- Cheeseburgers: 5 beef hamburger patties; 5 slices Sargento® Sliced Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese; 5 slices Sargento® Sliced Swiss Natural Cheese
- Sausage: 4 smoked sausages or bratwurst; 4 slices bacon; 2 slices Sargento® Sliced Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese, halved
- Vegetables: 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces; 1 medium yellow squash; 1 lg roma tomato, cut into wedges; 1/2 lb mushrooms, halved; 1 Tbsp olive oil; 1 tsp cajun or barbeque seasoning
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chicken fajitas except for the tortillas. Toss until well blended. Set aside.
- Thread the shrimp, bell pepper, pineapple and zucchini onto the skewers. Transfer to a large baking sheet. Season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Place hamburger patties on a clean plate. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Wrap each smoked sausage with 1 slice of bacon. Transfer to the baking sheet with the kabobs.
- Toss the vegetables with the oil and seasoning in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Pre-heat a large outdoor griddle over medium-low heat. Transfer fajita mixture to one area of the griddle. Grill, stirring mixture often to prevent overcooking. Keep warm on a warm area of the griddle.
Meanwhile, place the kabobs, burgers and sausages on other areas of the griddle. Turn occasionally until cooked. When the meat is cooked through, reduce heat to low and add the vegetables to the griddle. Cook until the vegetables are tender. Just before serving, top the fajitas, hamburgers, and sausages with cheese. Serve with buns for the sausages and hamburgers.