These super-crispy eggrolls are filled with a pizza surprise inside made with savory ground beef, sliced pepperoni and pizza sauce — as well as melted Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Fine Cut that brings an authentically cheesy pizza flavor into every bite.
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) chopped, sliced pepperoni
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) egg roll wrappers
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Fine Cut
- Vegetable oil
- Heat large skillet over medium heat; crumble beef into skillet and cook, stirring, 7 minutes or until no longer pink; pour off drippings. Remove skillet from heat; stir in pizza sauce and pepperoni.
- Spread 1/4 cup beef mixture over each egg roll wrapper; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll according to wrapper package directions, sealing edges with water.
- Pour oil to 1/2-inch depth in large saucepan; heat to 350°F or until very hot, but not smoking. Carefully add several egg rolls to hot oil (do not crowd pan). Cook 1-1/2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.