<p>Warm and soft flour tortillas topped with a savory mixture of egg and chorizo. They are finished off with Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese and served with homemade pico de gallo. Add a slice or two of avocado to tame the heat.</p>
- 1 (9-ounce) Mexican (beef, pork or soy) chorizo tube
- 4 eggs
- 16 street style flour tortillas (or 8 fajita-size flour tortillas)
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Fine Cut
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, stem and seeds removed and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Directions for Pico de Gallo:
Toss together onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and stir, breaking up with a wooden spoon; 8 minutes. Fold in eggs, stir until cooked through; about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place 2-3 tortillas on hot skillet. Place 2-3 tablespoons of egg and chorizo mixture and 1-2 tablespoons cheese on top. When cheese begins to soften, transfer tacos to a serving dish and top with pico de gallo and avocado slices.