<p>This East coast classic combines the flavors of a Philly cheesesteak with a Jersey chopped burger. Served on a grilled hoagie bun. The ingredient that brings them both together is plenty of Sargento® Creamery Sliced Natural Cheddar Cheese and Provolone Cheese.</p>
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups diced red bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced Anaheim, poblano or green bell pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ lb ground chuck
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 package Sargento® Creamery Sliced Natural Cheddar Cheese
- 1 package Sargento® Creamery Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- Pre-heat a large griddle over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine mayo, mustard, and ketchup. Set aside.
- Form ground chuck into 3 large pattes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add butter, mushroom, onion, and pepper mixture to the hot griddle. Use a spatula to move around vegetables often until crisp tender. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Place seasoned burger pattes onto hot griddle. Press top of burgers with the spatula to flatten slightly. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip burgers and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Use the edge of the spatula to “chop” the burger into small pieces, turning the meat as you chop it until almost cooked through. Add cooked vegetables back to the chopped hamburger. Toss with the spatula until combined. Spoon reserved mayo mixture over mixture and toss gently until well coated.
- Place half of the sliced cheddar and provolone cheese slices over the beef, vegetable, and sauce mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt. Toss mixture with the spatula. Add remaining slices of cheese on top of mixture. Let mixture cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt. Toss mixture with the spatula again until cheese has melted completely into mixture. Transfer mixture to a large serving dish, cover with foil and set aside.
- Open hoagie buns and place cut side down onto griddle. Grill for 1 minute or until golden brown. Transfer buns to a serving platter. Spoon cheesy meat and vegetable mixture onto bun bottoms and serve.
- Add others topping as desired.