Speedy Shepherd's PiePrep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Servings: 6 | Calories: 361
<p>There's something wholesome and comforting about a freshly baked shepherd's pie. Ours is filled with a savory blend of ground beef cooked with onions, mixed vegetables, gravy and thyme inside a deep dish pie dish with Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese and mashed potato crust.</p>
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 jar (12 oz.) beef gravy
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (1-1/2 lbs.) refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes or leftover mashed potatoes
- Brown meat with onion in a large skillet. Pour off drippings. Add vegetables, gravy and thyme. Cook and stir 4 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon mixture into a 10-inch deep dish pie plate or quiche dish. Combine potatoes and 3/4 cup cheese; spread over meat mixture. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over potatoes. Continue baking 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.
There are currently no reviews or comments.