<p>These light as air breakfast cups are made with four different vegetables, 4 kinds of cheddar cheese, eggs, and light cream in a flaky puff pastry.</p>
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar Cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add reserved egg mixture and reduce heat to low. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring continually with a rubber spatula until thickened and partially scrambled. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Fold in half of cheese and set aside while preparing puff pastry.
- Lay puff pastry sheet on a clean flat surface. Cut the long side into three equal sections, then cut the short side in half, making six equal squares.
- Transfer squares to a jumbo muffin tin coated with non-stick spray, letting corners fold over the top.
- Spoon egg mixture evenly into each pastry cup. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and puff pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve.