<p>These treasure filled squares are the perfect breakfast for those on the go. Scrambled eggs, taco meat, guacamole, peppers, onions, and Sargento® Shredded Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese are folded into two flour tortillas to form a square, then griddle fried until golden brown and heated through.</p>
- 2 10 – inch flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. prepared taco meat
- 2 Tbsp. scrambled eggs
- 1 Tbsp. prepared guacamole
- 1 Tbsp. sauteed peppers and onions
- ¼ cup Sargento® Shredded Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese
- Stack the tortillas on top of each other. Make two parallel cuts about 3 inches long and 3 inches apart on both the left and right side of the tortillas leaving the center section uncut.
- Slide the top tortilla to the left of the bottom tortilla. Interlace the two tortillas with the cuts. Rotate the tortillas 90 degrees.
- Spoon each ingredient onto the left and right flaps of tortillas. Sprinkle cheese down the center uncut area. Starting with the corners, fold the strips of tortilla on both sides of each ingredient over each other forming four pockets. Fold the top two pockets toward the center over each other, then fold that section up toward the center. Fold in the next two sections and then over each other. Lastly, fold the final square over the last section of tortilla. You should now have a large slightly squared shape. Press down the top, with the seam on the bottom.
- Pre-heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the oil. Place the quesadilla square seam side down into the pan. Fry for 1 minute on each of the four sides until golden brown and center is hot. Transfer the quesadilla wallet onto a plate and serve.