Appetizer & Sides
Italian Bread PuddingPrep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Servings: 8 | Calories: 319
<p>Our Italian pudding recipe involves loads of minced garlic, seasoned diced tomatoes and freshly chopped basil among other ingredients that boost the flavor of this awesome side dish. Melted Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut makes sure every serving is delivered with exactly enough cheesy flavor in every bite.</p>
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) pasta-ready or Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tsp. bottled minced roasted garlic
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried basil or oregano or 3/4 tsp. each
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cubed Italian bread (about 4 oz.)
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut or Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley (optional)
- In large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add tomatoes, roasted garlic, dried basil and pepper flakes; mix well. Add bread cubes and 1 cup cheese; mix well.
- Coat a shallow 1-1/2-quart baking dish or 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon bread mixture into dish; top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 25 minutes or until set in center and cheese is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
There are currently no reviews or comments.