<p><span>When the holidays come around, it’s fun to serve and be served fancy appetizers. Well, these little burger sliders deliver. Ground wagyu beef is formed into small patties, griddle fried and served on mini brioche buns topped with Sargento® Creamery Sliced Baby Swiss Natural Cheese, fresh arugula and a wild mushroom aioli.</span></p>
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. dried wild mushrooms(morels, porcini, shiitake, etc.), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsps. worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 lb. ground wagyu beef or high-quality ground sirloin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 8 slices Sargento® Creamery Sliced Baby Swiss Natural Cheese
- 1 can beef consommé(10 ozs.)
- ½ cup water
- 8 ea. brioche slider buns, split, toasted
- 1 ½ cups fresh arugula
- ¼ tsp. truffle flavored oil, optional
- Prepare aioli by combining the mayonnaise, mushrooms, garlic and ½ tsp. worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Form ground beef into two-ounce balls. Place about three inches apart on a large sheet pan lined with plastic wrap. Place another piece of plastic wrap over the burger balls. Using the bottom of a flat glass or lid, flatten the burger balls until about an inch larger than the size of the buns, or about 3 ½”. Remove top plastic wrap and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside while pre-heating griddle.
- Pre-heat griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. In a medium saucepan, make au jus by combining the beef consommé, water and the remaining worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Place as many mini burger patties as will fit comfortably on the griddle. Press patties down with a flat spatula. Cook for 1 minute. Flip burgers and press down with spatula. Cook an additional 1 minute. Transfer cooked burgers to the pan of warm au jus. Repeat process with remaining burgers. Keep warm until ready to assemble.
- To Assemble: Spread 1 ½ tsps. prepared aioli on each side of the toasted slider buns. Place 2 quarters of swiss cheese on the bun bottoms. Transfer burgers from au jus to bun bottoms. Top each with 2 more quarters of cheese. Place a few arugula leaves over cheese. Drizzle a few drops of truffle oil on arugula if desired. Finish with bun tops. Serve 2 sliders each with a side of au jus for dipping.