Enjoy a creative meal in minutes with this apple cheddar quesadilla. Caramelized onions, apple slices and two types of Sargento® cheese—mild cheddar and mozzarella—create a delicious medley of flavors melted between lightly browned tortillas.
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 3 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 (8-Inch) tortillas
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Fine Cut
- Place onions in pan with 1 tsp. vegetable oil. Let onions cook on low to medium heat until soft and brown.
- Brush 1 side of 1 tortilla with 1tsp. oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Place tortilla (oil side down) in pan.
- Place apple slices and caramelized onions on top of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Place remaining tortilla on top of ingredients. Brush top of tortilla with 1 tsp. oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese melts and both sides of tortillas are browned.