Pasta dishes are always a big hit because they simply taste good and are easy to throw together in no time at all. Here’s a deliciously cheesy one to add your lineup. Add a salad, Italian bread and presto—dinner’s ready!
- 1 (16oz.) package Penne noodles
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup Yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves minced or ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 (28 oz.) Can tomato puree
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- Cook pasta in salted water until soft, strain, set aside.
- Melt butter in pan add onion - sauté for 5 minutes until the onion is translucent, add garlic for an additional minute. Add tomato puree to pan and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Slowly add cheese and heavy cream simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened, stirring as you go.
- Add noodles to pot and garnish with Italian spices and cheese!