Treat yourself to this savory chicken sandwich that’s packing flavors from chunky salsa, minced garlic and melted Sargento® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese. Some fresh slices of tomato and shredded lettuce cool off the heat and add a refreshing light touch to this meal.
- 1/3 cup chunky-style salsa
- 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 (4 oz. each) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- Combine salsa, oil and garlic; brush over both sides of chicken.
- Cook chicken on preheated medium-hot grill 5 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Lay cheese slices over chicken and place rolls, cut-side down, on grill during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Arrange lettuce and tomato on each roll bottom. Top with chicken and cover with top half of roll. Serve with additional salsa, if desired.