These toasted panini have all the classic Italian flavors you could ask for in one quick meal. Enjoy deli-sliced mortadella surrounded by roasted red peppers, chopped fresh sage, grainy mustard and Sargento® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese melted perfectly between a hearty sourdough bun.
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 oz. sliced deli mortadella
- 1/4 cup well-drained roasted red peppers
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh sage or basil
- 4 slices sourdough or rustic Italian bread
- 1 Tbsp. coarse grained mustard
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Layer 2 slices of the cheese, mortadella, roasted peppers and sage over 2 slices bread. Top with remaining cheese. Spread mustard over remaining bread and close sandwiches, mustard sides down. Brush oil over outsides of bread.
- Cook in a preheated panini maker or well-oiled waffle maker* 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.