Tender chicken is covered with melted Sargento® Provolone Cheese slices and marinara sauce in this delicious, simple-to-make Italian classic. Serve over spaghetti or linguini and top with fresh basil leaves.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Provolone Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Beat egg in a shallow dish or pie plate. Place crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, letting excess drip off; coat with crumbs.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Reduce heat to low. Spoon spaghetti sauce over and around chicken. Cover skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Arrange cheese over chicken. Cover; cook 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Transfer chicken to serving plates; spoon sauce from skillet over chicken and top with basil.