Bring the flavor of Philadelphia to your table with a homemade cheesesteak sandwich made with deli-sliced roast beef and sautéed buttery sweet onion and peppers. Put it on top of melted Sargento® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese between a hearty and toasty French roll and take a big, juicy bite.
- 1 large Spanish or sweet onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 (6-inch) French rolls
- 1 lb. sliced roast beef
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese or Sargento® Sliced Provolone Cheese, cut into halves
- Cook onion and pepper, if desired, in butter in medium skillet 5 minutes or until softened. Split rolls almost all the way through. Layer meat and onion mixture in rolls; top each with cheese slice. Place on baking sheet or broiling pan.
- Place under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat; broil 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.