A quick pasta primavera recipe is just what you need when you’ve only got a couple of minutes to throw a meal together. Our recipe is a medley of favorite vegetables like mushrooms, zucchini and carrots tossed in Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- 1 lb. fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp. butter OR margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 lb. asparagus, cut diagonally into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1-1/4 cups (5 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Add asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini and carrot and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Combine half-and-half, broth, flour and basil in small bowl; add to skillet. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, until thickened. In serving bowl, combine hot fettucine, sauce and 1 cup cheese; toss gently. Top with remaining cheese.