The flavors of tender paprika-seasoned chicken strips simmered in broth, onion and a splash of lemon juice as well as sherry go wonderfully with wilted spinach and a mix of cheeses. Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut is among the tasty toppings on top of a bed of your favorite al dente pasta.
- 8 oz. rotini or penne pasta
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When pasta is done, stir spinach into pot with pasta and cook 1 minute. Drain pasta and spinach together; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and paprika in plastic or paper bag. Add chicken strips; shake bag to coat evenly. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken strips, reserving any flour mixture in bag. Cook chicken 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Add dressing, broth, onion, lemon juice, sherry and remaining reserved flour mixture; cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Add drained pasta mixture to skillet; toss well and heat through. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese. Transfer to serving plates; top with remaining Mozzarella cheese.