This delectable recipe takes a standard sandwich to a new level by incorporating a few select ingredients: fresh basil or tarragon, dried cranberries, tender butter lettuce and Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Gouda, which adds a savory buttery, nutty flavor to this classic sandwich.
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh basil or tarragon, chopped
- ½ tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups Cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/3 cup Celery, chopped
- 2 ea. Green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 slices Multi-grain bread
- 8 slices Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Gouda
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- 2. Fold stir in chicken celery, onion, cranberries and almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Toast bread to golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on 4 slices of toast. Spoon about ¾ cup chicken salad mixture over cheese. Place 1 slice of cheese over chicken salad. Place 1-2 leaves of butter lettuce over cheese. Place remaining slices of toast over lettuce. Cut in half and serve.