This adaptation of this Italian dish uses garlic mashed potatoes wrapped in turkey cutlets. Sargento® Parmesan adds an Italian cheese flavor in this elegant entrée.
- 2-1/2 cups (10 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 2 lbs. prepared garlic mashed potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 8 chicken or turkey cutlets (1/4-inch thick), about 1-1/2 lbs.*
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Stir 1-1/4 cups cheese into potatoes.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup cheese and pepper in a shallow dish. Spread tomato paste over one side of the cutlets. Dip each cutlet, tomato side down, in flour mixture to coat lightly. Place cutlet, coated side down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon about 2 tablespoons mashed potatoes evenly over cutlet. Roll up cutlet; place seam-side down in dish. Repeat with remaining 7 cutlets. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Spoon marinara sauce over cutlets; cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 20 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until cutlets are cooked through and cheese is melted.