Chicken risotto with cheese is a meal that will make mouths water. Add fresh mushrooms, rice, garlic, and basil to the chicken for flavor.
- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add remaining butter, rice and garlic to skillet and cook 5 minutes, or until rice is lightly browned, stirring constantly. Stir in mushrooms and green onions; cook 4 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in chicken broth and basil. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in chicken; simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through and rice is tender. Top with cheese; let stand 5 minutes until cheese melts. Optional: Add fresh basil as a garnish