Something special happens when you mix creamed and fresh corn together with cornbread mix in Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Once this casserole dish takes a trip to the oven, the magic happens, and it emerges as a golden dish just waiting to be tasted by everyone gathered at your table!
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) cream style corn
- 1 container (6 oz.) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pkg. (8.5 oz.) cornbread mix
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 cups (8 oz) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, except 1/2 cup cheese to be used later. Stir until moistened.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray, and pour batter into dish. Bake 50 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; let stand 1 minute to melt.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top of casserole & return to oven for 8-10 minutes. (BG Note: This seems way too long! Distance from broiler unit?)
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.