<p>Certain to become a family favorite, this simple Mexican-inspired meatloaf is bursting with flavor. It’s topped with a zesty barbecue-adobo sauce and smothered with melted Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican cheese.</p>
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp. Tex-Mex seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices fresh bread
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 1/3 cups Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican - Traditional Cut
- 3 tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 1 chopped chipotle chili
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp. sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Tex-Mex seasoning, salt and pepper. Crumble in bread; mix until bread softens. Mix in beef, red pepper, corn, cilantro, onion, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Place in 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Mix barbecue sauce with chipotle and adobo sauce; brush over top of meatloaf. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 70 to 75 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into center reads 160°F. Let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and sprinkle with green onion.