<p>Yep, this grilled cheese has Cajun-spiced mac and cheese made with tangy Sargento® Cheddar, plus Sargento® Pepper Jack for the cheese layer. Zesty broccoli and smoked bacon round out this incredible, two-hands-required sandwich.</p>
- 2 cups Elbow pasta, fully cooked
- 3 Tbsp. Salted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. Liquid smoke
- 4 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. Hot sauce
- 1 cup Sargento® Reserve Series™ 18-Month Aged Cheddar
- 1 head Broccoli, chopped and sauteed
- 2 clove Garlic, diced
- 6 slices Smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 slices Buttermilk bread
- 8 slices Sargento® Pepper Jack cheese
- In a small bowl add the softened butter, liquid smoke, half of Cajun seasoning and Italian seasoning and mix well. Set aside.
- Using a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add butter. Add in the broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute. Set aside for assembly.
- Using the same skillet on medium-high heat add the heavy whipping cream, hot sauce and remaining Cajun seasoning and cook for about 3 minutes or until it starts to simmer.
- Stir in the sharp cheddar cheese gradually. Toss noodles in cheese sauce making sure you coat well. Fold in the chopped bacon.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. On a pan lined with parchment paper, layer bread, sliced cheese, noodle mixture, sliced cheese and bread to form sandwiches. Repeat the process to make 4 sandwiches. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Remove from refrigerator and butter top and bottom piece of bread. Cook in skillet on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and serve immediately.