Guava Cheese Puff PastryPrep Time: | Cook Time: | Servings: | Calories:
<p>The pairing of guava and cheese is famous in Puerto Rico and across the Caribbean and Latin America. These guava cheese puff pastry bites pull inspiration from the classic combination, and add sharp flavor thanks to Sargento® Reserve Series™ Sliced Aged White Natural Cheddar Cheese, for a deliciously sweet and savory appetizer.</p>
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut puff pastry into 24 rectangular bite sized pieces with a scissors or a cookie cutter. Arrange half of the pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving space for them to puff up as they bake.
- Cut a small diagonal cross in the center of each of the remaining puff pastry pieces.
- Slice the Sargento® Reserve Series™ Sliced Aged White Natural Cheddar Cheese slices and guava paste into bite sized pieces and layer one of each on top of each piece of puff pastry.
- Add one cross cut puff pastry piece on top of each. Pinch the sides of the top and bottom layers of pastry together to prevent them from separating in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they begin to puff up and turn a light golden brown.
There are currently no reviews or comments.