<p>These cheese stuffed sorullos are Puerto Rican corn fritters made with a cornmeal dough and stuffed with <span>Sargento® Sliced Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese</span>. They make a delicious snack or appetizer served with mayoketchup, or whatever dipping sauce you enjoy.</p>
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cups fine cornmeal
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese or 4 sticks Sargento® Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese Snack Sticks
- 2 cups canola oil
- Add the water, salt, and butter to a pot. Bring everything to a boil before measuring out and adding to the cornmeal. Mix well until the consistency resembles a pasty dough and is thick in texture. Remove from heat and cool.
- Slice Sargento® Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese into small rectangles if using slices or into quarters if using sticks.
- Scoop out a few tablespoons of the sorullo dough at a time and shape into a flat oval shape. Add cheese to the center before folding and wrapping the cornmeal dough completely around it.
- Heat oil to medium high in a skillet and fry the sorullos until golden brown all around. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.