Flaky croissants are stuffed with pan-fried ham, scrambled egg and Sargento® Swiss Cheese, then brushed with a mayo, honey mustard and fresh herb glaze then toasted until hot and bubbling.
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Chives, chopped
- 2 tsp. Tarragon, chopped
- 2 tsp. Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, divided
- 12 oz. Carved ham
- 4 lg. Eggs, beaten
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 slices Sargento® Swiss Cheese or Creamery Baby Swiss Cheese
- 4 lg. Croissants, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients for the glaze and set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. of butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pieces of ham in a single layer. Fry 1-2 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Transfer ham to a plate and set aside.
- While ham is cooking, pre-heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add remaining butter and cook until melted. Add eggs and stir continually with a spatula until eggs are nearly scrambled. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To assemble sandwiches, place one slice of cheese on each croissant bottom. Place about 3 oz. of fried ham over cheese. Distribute eggs evenly over ham. Top with another slice of cheese. Replace croissant tops. Brush about 1 Tbsp. of reserved mustard herb glaze on top of croissants. Transfer sandwiches to a lined sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until croissants and crisp and cheese has melted. Transfer to plates and serve with additional sauce on the side if desired.