Cheesy Tomato & Bacon Quiche
Prep Time: 10 MIN | Cook Time: 1 HR | Servings: 4-6
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 Sweet onion
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup Sargento® Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 12 oz cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 Pastry crust
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup Sargento® Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium skillet heat oil over med low heat. Add onions and cook until soft and caramelized, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, cream, Dijon, thyme, lemon zest, salt & pepper. Add cheese and stir. Sprinkle caramelized onions and bacon over the base of the pastry crust and pour in egg mixture, top with tomatoes and remaining ¼ cup cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes until set, cover with foil if cheese begins to burn. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.