<p>Sweet, savory and super cheesy are all words used to describe this full-flavored breakfast skillet. Pan fried sweet potatoes, red potatoes, onions and mushrooms are tossed with chopped fresh spinach, then topped with soft scrambled eggs and a heaping pile of Sargento® Mozzarella Cheese, then broiled until gooey.</p>
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 2 cups Small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup Yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp. Seasoned salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 2 cups Baby spinach, chopped
- 8 lg. Eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 cups Sargento® Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Chopped green onion & or sliced jalapeno peppers
- Pre-heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and next 6 ingredients. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring often until golden brown and potatoes are tender.
- While potato mixture is browning, Pre-heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium low heat. Combine eggs and milk in a small bowl. Melt butter in pan. Add eggs. Stir quickly with a rubber spatula, scraping the sides as they cook until thickened. Reduce heat to low and cook another minute or until soft scrambled. Transfer eggs to a bowl and set aside.
- Stir spinach into potato mixture. Assemble skillets by spooning browned potato mixture into individual skillets or shallow bowls. Spoon reserved scrambled eggs over potato mixture. Sprinkle about ½ cup of cheese on top of eggs and potatoes. Transfer skillets to top rack of oven and broil until well melted and lightly browned. Remove from oven and serve topped with sliced jalapeno or chopped green onion if desired.