Appetizers & Side Dishes
Rosemary Cheese Crusted PotatoesPrep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 60 min | Servings: 6 | Calories: 289
<p>Add these cheesy rosemary potatoes as a side for your next meal! Flavors from Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut are encrusted on a layer of tender baked potatoes made with plenty of garlic, butter — and a surprise dash of added citrusy flavor from lemon rind.</p>
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 tsp. crushed rosemary
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper and lemon rind; remove from heat.
- Layer half of potato mixture into greased 8x8-inch baking pan; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Smooth remaining potato mixture over cheese; top with remaining cheese.
- Combine bread crumbs, butter and rosemary in small bowl; sprinkle over cheese. Cover and bake in preheated 400°F oven 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes more or until heated through and lightly browned.
5 out of 5
This recipe has been a family favorite for years. So yummy!
5 out of 5
This has been a family favorite for years. So yummy!!