No matter what time of day it is, a skillet toasted ham and cheese sandwich made with Sargento® Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese, tangy Dijon mustard and cool slices of juicy tomato will always taste good and fill you up whether you’re eating it alone, with soup or a slaw.
- 8 slices whole wheat or multi-grain bread
- 4 tsp. spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices (1 oz. each) honey baked ham
- 4 slices tomato
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Spread four slices of bread with mustard. For each sandwich, lay slice cheese on bread; top with ham, tomato, cheese and bread.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook each sandwich over medium heat 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.