This simple recipe brings everything you could want to your breakfast table: crispy bacon, hearty mushrooms, tender broccoli and fluffy eggs. The secret? A touch of sweet tang from Worcestershire sauce and plenty of Sargento® Shredded Swiss Cheese for a classic taste everyone will love.
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Swiss Cheese
- Arrange bread in bottom of lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until browned; drain on paper towel. Place evenly on bread.
- Cook mushrooms 3 minutes on medium heat in same skillet; drain. Layer mushrooms over bacon. Scatter broccoli over bacon and sprinkle with thyme.
- Combine eggs, milk and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl. Pour evenly over broccoli. Sprinkle Cheddar and Swiss cheeses over all. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.