As fun to eat as it is delicious, this cheesy, savory bread is definitely a crowd favorite. A great addition to your game-day buffet, its robust flavors come from chorizo, jalapeños and Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese.
- 6 oz. Chorizo, uncooked
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 med. Jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 pkg. Ready to bake refrigerated biscuits, quartered
- 4 cups Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese, divided
- 1 ea. Sargento® String Cheese, pulled into 4 long strips
- Pre-heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and onion. Cook until meat is cooked through and onions are tender. Drain meat mixture, reserving 1 tablespoon of grease. Transfer meat mixture to a large bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir in melted butter to bowl with meat mixture. Add biscuits, 1 cup of shredded cheese and jalapeno to bowl and gently toss until well coated.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment lined baking sheet and form into the shape of a football.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese has melted completely.
- Remove from oven and place strips of string cheese in the middle of the football bread to resemble strings of a football. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until softened. Remove from oven and serve.