When your crew is craving a quick snack—something a little more exciting than pretzels or chips and salsa—these quesadillas are simple and so satisfying. Fry up some bacon, open a can of refried beans, a jar of salsa, spread it on tortillas and sprinkle on the Sargento® Mild Cheddar. Presto! The perfect snack or appetizer!
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Ortega Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup Ortega Mild, Medium or Hot Thick and Chunky Salsa
- 3/4 cup (3 oun Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut
- 5 soft flour tortillas (7 or 8-inch)
- Sour cream and sliced green onions, for garnish
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon. In small bowl, combine remaining bacon, refried beans and 1/2 cup salsa. Spread 1/4 cup mixture onto half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold tortillas in half over filling. In ungreased skillet, over medium heat, heat 2 filled tortillas at a time for 2 minutes on each side, or until cheese melts. Cut each tortilla into 4 triangles. Top with sour cream, green onions and reserved bacon. Serve immediately.< < 20 appetizers