Cinnamon Cheddar Baked Apples
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 6 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 247
- 4 medium red baking apples (Rome Beauty, Jonathan or McIntosh)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Sargento® Natural Colby-Jack Cheese Snacks or Sargento® Mild Cheddar Cheese Snacks
- Cut out apple cores and place apples in dish. Combine walnuts, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well. Spoon over apples.
- Microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Rotate dish after each 2 minutes of cooking.
- Cut cheese snacks in half crosswise; place 1/2 cheese snack in each apple core cavity. Microwave 45 seconds more or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let apples stand 5 minutes. Spoon remaining pan juices over apples and serve warm.