Prep Time: 40 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 8 | Calories: 822
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped leeks, discard dark green tops
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. water, divided
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Provolone Cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in skillet and add leeks. Cook over medium-low heat 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water; cook 5 minutes more or until tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely; drain any excess liquid.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean, dry work area and roll out puff pastry to form two 12-inch squares. Cut pastry into eight 5-inch diameter circles. Place 1 slice cheese on each pastry circle. Top each with 2 Tbsp. leeks and fold pastry in half. Seal edges. Beat egg with remaining 1 Tbsp. water. Brush egg mixture on pastry; prick top surface to allow steam to escape.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes, until puffed and golden.