Appetizer & Sides
Apricot Nut BreadPrep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 60 min | Servings: 9 | Calories: 209
<p>Make this beautiful and tasty dried fruit and nut bread for any season and any reason! What really brings all of the ingredients together is Sargento® Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese. Its savory yet mild flavor adds just enough heartiness to this otherwise sweet and citrus bread. Give it a try and we’re sure you’ll be baking it regularly after you’ve had a taste!</p>
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Place apricots and water in small saucepan; heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 minutes or until water is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Whisk together orange juice, egg and oil; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in apricots, cheese and walnuts.
- Spread batter into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 1 hour or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack before removing bread from pan.
There are currently no reviews or comments.