Gather your loved ones around a hot dish of baked macaroni and cheese that's made with fresh ingredients like diced tomatoes and creamy Sargento® Shredded Double Cheddar Cheese. The crispy baked crust will make every serving perfectly delightful.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1-3/4 cup (7 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Double Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook macaroni according to package directions until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, seasoning, pepper and salt, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Add 3/4 cup Double Cheddar and Parmesan; stir until smooth. Gently stir macaroni, sauce and tomatoes together. Place in lightly greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over casserole. Place breadcrumbs in small bowl; spray several times with cooking spray. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 minutes or until top is golden brown.