- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle salt and pepper inside squash, then place squash upside down
in a 13” X 9” baking dish. Add ½ cup of water to the pan. Place pan on middle rack of oven and bake
uncovered for 45 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Remove squash from oven and let rest for 15 minutes or until cool enough to scoop.
- Scoop squash with a large spoon into a large bowl. Reserve one of the squash halves.
- Add cheese and butter to the bowl of squash. Stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture back into one of the squash halves and place back in the dish. Discard remaining
- Place pan back in oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from
oven and serve.