<p>This super simple one pan dish is the perfect meal for those days when you just want an easy, but delicious meal. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are cooked in a large skillet, then chicken broth, polenta and Sargento® Extra Sharp Cheddar are simmered until thick, topped with barbecue sauce, more cheese and chopped green onion.</p>
- Pre-heat a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with seasoning.
- Add chicken breasts to pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip chicken with tongs, cover pan and cook an additional 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and let rest while preparing polenta.
- Add chicken broth to pan and scrape bottom with a flat spatula to remove brown bits from pan. Stir in polenta and cheese. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often until polenta is thick and creamy.
- Transfer cooked chicken back to pan over polenta. Spoon sauce over chicken and polenta. Sprinkle cheese over sauce. Cover pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle green onions on top and serve.
- Note: If quick cooking polenta is not available, substitute yellow cornmeal and reduce amount to 3/4 cup. Cook polenta for 15-20 minutes instead of 10.