<p>A bit of kick is added to this steak by topping with Sargento® Pepper Jack Shreds. Try a bite of salsa for a hint of freshness.</p>
- 4 beef rib eye steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- Garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese or Sargento® Fancy Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (4-1/2 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Sprinkle steaks with garlic salt to taste. Grill over medium hot coals 5 minutes per side for medium rare or until desired doneness.
- Sprinkle cheese over steaks and continue grilling or broiling 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- While steaks cook, combine tomatoes, green chilies, onion, cilantro and salt; mix well. Transfer steaks to serving plates; top with salsa.