<p>Bring the savory flavors of thick grilled portobello mushrooms glazed with Italian dressing together with grilled bell peppers, melted Sargento® Sliced Havarti Cheese, a savory olive spread with basil all between slices of rustic Italian bread. Each bite promises to be full of deliciously cheesy taste and texture.</p>
- 2 large (8 to 10 oz. total) portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup Italian or red wine vinegar salad dressing
- 2 bell peppers, quartered lengthwise
- 2 slices Sargento® Sliced Havarti Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive spread or finely minced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 slices rustic Italian bread, lightly toasted or 2 Kaiser rolls, split and lightly toasted
- Heat grill to medium-high heat or preheat broiler. Clean mushrooms and scrape out gills with a spoon.
- Brush dressing over both sides of mushrooms and bell peppers. Grill over medium heat or broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 5 minutes per side or until vegetables are tender. Place cheese over mushrooms during the last minute of cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine olive spread, basil and mayonaise; spread over bread or rolls. Fill sandwiches with the mushrooms and peppers.