This colorful salad is packed with so many tasty ingredients that it makes a great and filling meal for any time of the day! A bowl of lettuce packed with fresh avocado, cubed chicken, eggs and tomatoes and topped with Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut tossed in a savory Caesar dressing is sure to make a refreshing meal.
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut, divided
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced, cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup garlic croutons
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup light Caesar salad dressing
- Pepper (optional)
- Combine lettuce, 1 cup cheese, tomatoes, chicken, bacon and eggs, if desired, in large bowl.
- Just before serving, add croutons and avocado to lettuce mixture. Add dressing; toss lightly to coat. Top with remaining cheese and serve with pepper, if desired.