Cheese and Prosciutto Souffle
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Servings: 6
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash cayenne
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3 oz. prosciutto, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 6 (6 oz.) ramekins using 1 Tbsp.butter. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in saucepan and stir in flour. Cook 2 minutes. Whisk in milk until smooth. Remove from heat. Add egg yolks and mix thoroughly. Stir in cheese and prosciutto.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites gently into the sauce mixture.
- Divide mixture among ramekins. Place in oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Do not open the oven door during baking time as they will deflate.