This spinach pesto is such a perfect, non-fussy pasta sauce that you can whip up in minutes. It uses Sargento® Shredded Parmesan to add that authentic nutty cheese flavor. And be sure to sprinkle more on top just before serving.
- 1 lb. linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 4 cups spinach leaves, packed fresh
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, or 2 tsp. dried basil
- 3/4 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Place spinach, 1/2 cup cheese, walnuts, oil, garlic, basil, hot sauce and salt in a food processor; process 15 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Toss pesto with hot linguine. Serve with remaining cup cheese.