<p><span>Make these tasty cheeseburgers when you want to spice up the grill or stove top. Succulent beef patties are prepared on a brioche bun with melted Sargento</span><span><sup>®</sup></span><span> Reserve Series<sup>™</sup> Sliced Cheese.</span></p>
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pack Sargento® Reserve Series™ Fresh Asiago Slices
- 2 tablespoons fig jam, from jar
- 1/4 cup apple slaw
- 2 tablespoons crispy onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 Slices Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged White Cheddar
- 8 slices thick-cut peppered bacon, cooked
- Brioche buns, toasted and buttered
- For the asiago cheese sauce: Heat the evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water to form a slurry. Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the milk and immediately add the cheese, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thick and smooth.
- For the burgers: Stack the cheddar slices and cut into quarters. Divide the meat into four equal portions. Form four patties, place a cheese stack in the center of each patty and form the meat around the cheese. Season liberally with salt and pepper to taste. Grill to desired temperature.
- Serve burgers along with brioche buns, cheese sauce, bacon, jam, slaw and crispy onions.