Wisconsin Cheddar, Bratwurst & Onion Hoagies
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 16 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 641
- 4 fresh bratwurst links
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle or can beer or 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 tsp. canola or olive oil
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls, split, lightly toasted
- 3 Tbsp. spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, diagonally cut in half
- Combine bratwurst and beer in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 14 to 16 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion slices; cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover; reduce heat to medium and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring frequently.
- Drain bratwurst; brown in skillet with onions. Place in rolls. Top with onions, mustard and cheese. Close sandwiches; let stand 1 minute or until cheese is melted.