When you need to whip up a hearty meal but are short on time, this turkey chili recipe has you covered. Nothing is better than a hearty bowl of chili filled with chunks of zesty spiced meat, black beans and topped with melting Sargento® Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. turkey tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, divided
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and bell pepper; cook 4 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Sprinkle with chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and beans; heat to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Ladle into bowls; top with remaining cheese.