Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 12 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 392
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp. (each) salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup pasta sauce, heated
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place breadcrumbs on shallow plate. Beat egg white in a shallow bowl. Dip each chicken breast in egg white, letting excess drip off. Roll in crumbs, patting to coat well.
- Combine spinach, egg yolk and nutmeg in small bowl. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Reduce heat to low. Top each chicken breast with 1/4 of spinach mixture and 1 slice cheese. Cook, covered, 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Spoon pasta sauce over chicken.