Summer Garden Crustless Quiche earned its name from the wholesome garden-fresh ingredients that are whisked in with fluffy eggs and Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar® Cheese. Shredded carrots, diced tomatoes, earthy kale, parsley and more create a summery and delicious treat for your morning meal.
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil plus a little more to oil pie plate
- 5 cups kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 grinds fresh pepper or to taste
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1-7/8 cups (7.5 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar® Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian/flat leaf parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add kale, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and carrots; cook an additional 5 minutes. Set pan aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs and milk in medium bowl. Stir in cheese, kale mixture and parsley. Pour into an oiled pie dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before slicing.