<p>Pizza for breakfast is good, but this pizza omelet is even better! Italian spices are mixed into the eggs and the omelet is filled with pepperoni, olives and Sargento® Mozzarella or 4 Cheese Pizzeria, then topped with pizza sauce. What a way to start the day!</p>
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) plus 2 Tbsp. Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Fine Cut or Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pitted kalamata or black olives
- 1/4 cup pizza or pasta sauce, heated
- Beat eggs, basil, oregano, salt and pepper together in small bowl.
- Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Lift edges of omelet with spatula to allow uncooked portion of eggs to flow to edges and set.
- When eggs are almost set, sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese, pepperoni and olives over eggs. Fold half of omelet over filling. Sprinkle remaining cheese over omelet. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 minutes or until eggs are set in center. Divide omelet in half; transfer to serving plates. Top with pizza sauce.